Thursday, December 3, 2009

Raheem Morris on HU dropping football

Thanks to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for these quotes from Hofstra grad Raheem Morris.

(On Hofstra dropping its football program)

“It was weird because it kind of happened out of nowhere. So I don’t really have a reaction right now, just kind of sad for all of my people that are there. I just saw two of their coaches recruiting out here yesterday. It was obviously a shock for their football program and their football family. It’s just a sad state of affairs.”

(On the Hofstra tradition)

“There is a lot of tradition. Coach Joe Gardi was here, you guys met him. He’s the guy that kind of built that program for us and was the face of Hofstra for years, and still is. I’m sure he’s as heartbroken as anyone. You build a program from a Division III program to, at the time, a National Division I-AA powerhouse, to see it drop football with no real murmur or anyone talking about it. I don’t know what happened, but I got a courtesy call from people I don’t even know.”

No comments: