Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Florida is warmer than New York right now

Yeah I bet it is.

Sorry for the delayed return from Christmas. We found it difficult to emerge from the holiday sloth. That, and I’m still bummed that I wasn’t one of the boosters selected to fly to the game against Florida Atlantic tonight. I’ll just assume my invite got lost in the mail, and once again send my address to the athletic department. I’m not saying it’s cold here, but I didn’t drive to the store today, I rode there behind a bunch of sleigh dogs.

Anyway, tonight marks the end of the non-conference schedule. Everything Counts four days from now, but a Dutchmen team that is once again reeling as the New Year approaches needs a victory tonight as badly as it will need one Saturday. It’ll be interesting to see how the Dutchmen respond to eight days of Angry Tom Pecora. Like the Iona game just before Christmas last year, I could see Pecora being willing to lose this one if it means teaching some painful lessons. And I can’t imagine anything being more painful than losing to Mike Jarvis.

Either way, follow us on Twitter as we try to keep track of the game via Florida Atlantic’s web feed. Hopefully it’s better than Towson circa 2008. And tune in here tomorrow for a recap, as well as a couple other fun year- and decade-end things.

Email Jerry at defiantlydutch@yahoo.com or follow Defiantly Dutch at http://twitter.com/defiantlydutch.

No comments: