Saturday, December 24, 2011

This man is now getting the same AARP mailings as my Dad!

As usual on Christmas Eve, we wish a very Happy Birthday to the Man Who Saved Hofstra Basketball, Jay Wright, who turns 50 today. FIFTY. FIFTY FOR GOD'S SAKE HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! He's supposed to be 32 and inheriting the reigning East Coast Conference champions forever. But don't worry Jay. Even though you are now getting the same junk mail as my Dad, you're still much hipper.

And as usual today, I also wish a very Happy Birthday to the Woman Who Saved Me From A Lifetime Of Reading Old Hofstra Media Guides Alone. She reads them with me! Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the entire DD readership! Thanks for your loyalty and patience this year as I drown in joyous Day Job work. Hopefully I'll do a better job of carving out time to write in 2012. Along those lines, we'll have a gift for you tomorrow to digest after you wolf down your ham, turkey and pumpkin pie, so stop by.

Email Jerry at defiantlydutch@yahoo.com or follow Defiantly Dutch at http://twitter.com/defiantlydutch.

1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

Happy birthday to Michelle!